An Introduction To Video Production
- Duration: 1 Month, 8 Classes
- Fees: INR 10,000/-
- Maximum 10 students per batch
- Prerequisites: Applicants must own laptop/desktop and headphones, have a basic understanding of Apple/Microsoft operating systems and have access to high speed internet.
- Grade/Level: Basic, Intermediate
- Objective: As Part Of This Course We Will Go Over Shot Breakdowns, Rules Of Composition, Video Shooting Techniques, Editing Video Footage, Tips And Tricks To Polish Your Video Production Skills.
INTRODUCTION TO MOBILE VIDEO PRODUCTION
- Why Shoot on Mobile Phones
- Trade Offs when working with smaller image formats
- Understanding Video File Formats
- Resolution and Bitrate and why they matter
- Frame Rates Vs Shutter Speed while filming
- Third Party Add Ons and Best Practices
- Best Camera Phones and Mobile Video Production Gear in 2020
UNDERSTANDING THE EXPOSURE TRIANGLE
- Breaking down the Exposure Triangle
- Selecting Correct White Balance
- ISO and it’s limitations for Mobile Video
- Focal lengths, Lens Selection and Add Ons
- Working with Natural Light
COMPOSING YOUR SHOTS
- Rules of Composition
- How to Improve your Composition
- B Rolls and why they are essential elements in your Story
- Gimbals, Tripod shots and Handheld Video
- Tips and Techniques for Effective Shooting
VIDEO EDITING ON DA VINCI RESOLVE
- Learning the Interface
- Importing Media and Raw footage organization
- Starting Edits – Editing the timeline
- Working with visual transitions
- Adding Music and Voice
- Adding Text – Titles and Captions
- Stock Video and Music Resources
- Color Grading
- Exporting your final project
Sudeep Bhattacharya is a photographer and film maker based in Bangalore, India. A distinct narrative style is a binding theme across his work that reflects an amalgamation of diverse influences. His portfolio has earned him recognition and features in Vogue , Conde Nast Traveller, Asian Photography among others. A TEDx speaker and Winner of the Best New Film Maker Award by the Pacific Film and Television Council and Brisbane International Film Festival, he has a keen interest in building communities and education centered around the arts.
Here’s a collection of commonly asked questions and answers. Want to know more? Get in touch, call/whatsapp us @ +91 7795523530
Who should take this course?
This masterclass is for you if you are a vlogger, short movie maker, working on instructional videos, music videos etc. Any kind of independent content creators for commercial / non commercial use, this course will equip you with all you need to know to record and edit your content in a professional manner.
Is this course focusing on Android based phones or iPhone?
All Mobile Platforms.
Will this course cover the basics of photography & videography?
Yes, this will cover essential basics like exposure triangle, composition etc that would solidify your understanding of the practical techniques discussed in this program.
Do I need to buy the video production software?
This course is conducted using DaVinci Resolve which has a free license. So technically you don’t need to buy the software.