- Duration: 1 Month, 8 Classes
- Fees: INR 10,000/-
- Maximum 10 students per batch
- Prerequisites: Applicants must own laptop/desktop and headphones, have a basic understanding of Apple/Microsoft operating systems and have access to high speed internet.
- Grade/Level: Intermediate and Advanced
- Objective: At the end of this course you will understand how to create your own unique instruments and sounds and apply them to your music.
CREATE AND CATEGORIZE YOUR PERSONAL SAMPLE BANK
- Building a sample bank
- Gathering sounds through recording and sourcing pre-recorded sounds
- Recording techniques
REPURPOSING YOUR SAMPLES
- Creating unique loops and instruments using your sample bank
- Processing your samples to fit specific uses
- Building a song/composition using your samples/loops/unique instruments
- Walk through Oceantied’s music with him and gain insight into his processes and how he creates his music.
Oceantied is the solo electronic project started by Until We Last guitarist Ketan Bahirat and is an exploration of Ketan’s electronic music headspace. Oceantied’s music can be ambient, dancey, upbeat or anything in between. His music explores two main sides of the spectrum with downtempo tracks, alongside fast-paced footwork & jungle music.
Oceantied has shared the stage with the likes of AMIT, Sam Binga, Zed Bias, Lapalux & a bunch more.
Ketan is an Red Bull Music Academy alumni having worked and studied under legendary producers like Just Blaze and Suzanne Ciani.
From new age footwork and jungle, eclectic electronic beats made through found sound to recordings on Indian streets and samples from field recordings, Oceantied has done it all. Czech Republic, Malta, Finland and Croatia have all witnessed Ketan’s magic.
Here’s a collection of commonly asked questions and answers. Want to know more? Get in touch, call/whatsapp us @ +91 7795523530
Are these classes pre-recorded or live?
These are live online classes. Although class recordings will be shared with participating students.
I produce music , but I don’t know anything about sampling. Can I still take this program?
This course will bridge your understanding by familiarizing you with basic sampling, before diving deeper. If you’re ready to take on one of the most exciting rabbit holes of modern music production, this masterclass is for you.
I’m new to production. Can I still attend this masterclass?
Not recommended. A basic understanding of a DAW and production is necessary. If you’re completely new become a member and get access to our pre-courses which will teach all the basics needed to get started in this course.