Live Online Courses
Ableton Live Advanced
Learn online in a live classroom. Interact with your trainer and other students LIVE!!
- Duration: 1 Month, 8 Classes
- Fees: INR 10,000/-
- Maximum 10 students per batch
- Prerequisites: Applicants must own laptop/desktop and headphones, have a basic understanding of Apple/Microsoft operating systems and have access to high speed internet.
- Grade/Level: Intermediate and Advanced
- Objective: Understanding Ableton Live and how to start composing original music.
PRODUCTION CONCEPTS I: DIGITAL MUSIC FUNDAMENTALS
Introduction to Digital Music
Introduction To DAWs
Configuring your workspace/Studio
Digital Audio Fundamentals
Understanding Signal Routing
What Is MIDI
ABLETON CONCEPTS I: BASIC OVERVIEW
- Arrangement & Session Layout
- Preferences and setting up your session
- Clip creation and Clip Editing
- Clip View & Device View
- Browser Window
- Mixer Section
- Arrangement Automation
- Navigation Shortcuts & Zooming
- Recording Audio & MIDI
- Monitoring Options
- Quantization Settings
- Grouping Tracks
- Follow, Punch in/out, Automation Arm, Overdub
- Edit Menu
- Other Clip View Functions – MIDI note Quantizing, Warp Marker
- Quantizing, clip automation etc.
- File Management: Collect all and save, Save a Copy, Saving Midi
- data, Saving instrument and effect presets
PRODUCTION CONCEPTS II: INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL MUSIC COMPOSITION & DIGITAL INSTRUMENTS
- What is Music Composition
- Traditional Music Composition Vs. Digital Music Composition
- Basic music theory with learningmusic.ableton.com
- Breaking down Song Structure (Melody, Harmony and Rhythm)
- Introduction to Digital Instruments
PRODUCTION CONCEPTS III: MIXING, AUDIO/MIDI SIGNAL PROCESSING
- What is mixing and its importance
- Understanding Balance, Headroom and Dynamic Range
- Understanding Bussing and Grouping
- What are signal Processors/Audio Effects
- Dynamic Effects
- Time Based Effects
- Modulation Effects
- What are MIDI effects
- Effects in series Vs. Parallel
- Techniques and Good Practices
ABLETON CONCEPTS II
- Record, Warp, Launch Preferences
- Session Clip Automation Clip Launch settings
- Introduction to Ableton’s Audio Effects
- Introduction to Ableton’s midi effects
- Audio Effects Rack
- Instrument Rack
- MIDI Rack
- Groove Pool
- Musical Applications of Side Chaining Processors
- Freeze & Flatten
- Creating your own Instrument Rack, MIDI Effect Rack, Audio
- Effects Rack
- Loading and managing packs
- What are VST’s and how to manage/Install them
- Understanding and using MIDI controllers
PRODUCTION CONCEPTS IV: SYNTHESIS
- History Of synthesis and its role in modern electronic music production
- Understanding Fundamental & Harmonic frequencies
- Breaking down simple and complex Wave Types – Sine, Saw-tooth,
- Square, Triangle, Noise
- Additive and Subtractive Synthesis
- Using Envelopes – ADSR
- MIDI Protocol
- FM Synthesis – Modulator & Carrier
- AM Synthesis
- Wavetable Synthesis
PRODUCTION CONCEPTS V: SAMPLING
- History of sampling
- The role of sampling in modern electronic music production
- Sampling techniques and good practices
- Understanding your hardware and the tools available
ABLETON CONCEPTS III: DEVICES - SAMPLING AND SYNTHESIS
- Intro and overview of simpler
- Intro and overview of sampler
- Building custom samples and instrument racks
- Intro and overview of Operator
- Intro and overview of Analogue
- Intro and overview of Wavetable
- Building Custom Sounds and instrument racks
- Incorporating samples and synthesis into your workflow
Nikhil developed a strong passion for music making during his undergrad years in Mysore, performing vocals and songwriting for Mysore based rock/metal band “Identity Krysis”. After working at Tata Motors for 2 years, he quit and pursued music production at Audio Academy, Bangalore under the mentorship of Dawn who headed the production programme. Since passing he’s been working at DJP media as a producer being an active part of the numerous projects and education programmes the company has undertaken.
Get in touch to book your seat
Watch a Tutorial with Nikhil
Here’s a collection of commonly asked questions and answers. Want to know more? Get in touch, call/whatsapp us @ +91 7795523530
I’m a professional/semiprofessional musician. How will this course help me?
There has never been a more competitive moment in the history of forever. The technology today has made it easier than ever for a musician to take the entire gamut of beginning and finishing a song into their own hands. You could be an independent musician cum producer too. This course will walk you through that in a structured manner.
I want to be a sound designer. Will this program help me?
While the focus of the course is definitely on making music. Sound designing is an essential part of it. This course will help you understand the different tools used in sound designing, and their application in music making.
I’m a rapper. Will this course teach me beatmaking?
Certainly! Not just that, this program will help you understand ways of structuring the music around your rap.
I've learnt on my own from youtube, why should I join this course.
Youtube is a great resource and many of us use it all the time. But a video will never respond to your doubts in the moment, and also fact checking information from free online resources can be difficult. Walking through this program will brush up your fundamental understanding, let you engage your own doubts, and feel more confident about your own production.