Advanced sampling with Oceantied
Learn to record everyday sounds around you and convert them into unique instruments
At the end of this course you will understand how to create your own unique instruments and sounds and apply them to your music.
meet the trainer
Oceantied AKA Ketan Bahirat
Oceantied is the solo electronic project started by Until We Last guitarist Ketan Bahirat and is an exploration of Ketan’s electronic music headspace. Oceantied’s music can be ambient, dancey, upbeat or anything in between. His music explores two main sides of the spectrum with downtempo tracks, alongside fast-paced footwork & jungle music.
Oceantied has shared the stage with the likes of AMIT, Sam Binga, Zed Bias, Lapalux & a bunch more.
Ketan is an Red Bull Music Academy alumni having worked and studied under legendary producers like Just Blaze and Suzanne Ciani.
From new age footwork and jungle, eclectic electronic beats made through found sound to recordings on Indian streets and samples from field recordings, Oceantied has done it all. Czech Republic, Malta, Finland and Croatia have all witnessed Ketan’s magic.
Listen to Oceantied
Find out about our next batch. We only accept limited students per batch.
Oceantied teaches you his creative process and personal workflow through these Live Online Classes
- Prerequisites: Applicants must own laptop/desktop and headphones, have a basic understanding of Apple/Microsoft operating systems and have access to high speed internet.
- Grade/Level: Basic, Intermediate and Advanced
- Class Time: 8 classes, 2 Hours Each session
- Fees: INR 10,000/-
- Maximum Batch Size: 10 students
- Building a sample bank
- Gathering sounds through recording and sourcing pre-recorded sounds
- Recording techniques
- Creating unique loops and instruments using your sample bank
- Processing your samples to fit specific uses
- Building a song/composition using your samples/loops/unique instruments
- Walk through Oceantied’s music with him and gain insight into his processes and how he creates his music.
Know more about Oceantied