Beat Making on Ableton Live
- Duration: 1 Month, 8 Classes
- Fees: INR 10,000/-
- Maximum 10 students per batch
- Prerequisites: Applicants must own laptop/desktop and headphones, have a basic understanding of Apple/Microsoft operating systems and have access to high speed internet.
- Grade/Level: Intermediate and Advanced
- Objective: At the end of this course you will learn how to create and customise your beats on Ableton Live with a deeper understanding of beat dynamics, composition and processing.
Introduction to beak making :
- Phrasing beats
- Beats in electronic music
- Measures of music
- Choosing sounds
- Layering beats
- Understanding drum rack and samples
Finalizing and Processing your beats :
- Understanding accents and syncopation
- Modifying instruments to the beat
- Building effect chains for your beats
Listen To Aeratesound
Try a free class with Joe
Joe is a music producer and drummer who also performs under the alias “Aerate Sound”. He’s a full-fledged sampling artist and retains some of the traditional sensibilities he picked up from years of playing the mridangam and being part of the live music scene. His brand of electronic music is heavily rooted in real-world sounds, which is evident in the samples he uses. On Only For External opener “Nafiri,” Joe sampled a sound he recorded in Varanasi, which he reconstructs on the track to sound like a shehnai. Elsewhere on the nine-track album, you can hear calls of street vendors and children playing on the street that Panicker recorded himself . Even the drums on the album, though sampled, are individually recorded sounds from Panicker playing his own drum kit.
Here’s a collection of commonly asked questions and answers. Want to know more? Get in touch, call/whatsapp us @ +91 7795523530
Are these classes pre-recorded or live?
These are live online classes. Although class recordings will be shared with participating students.
I produce music , but I don’t know anything about sampling. Can I still take this program?
This course will bridge your understanding by familiarizing you with basic sampling, before diving deeper. If you’re ready to take on one of the most exciting rabbit holes of modern music production, this masterclass is for you.
I’m new to production. Can I still attend this masterclass?
Not recommended. A basic understanding of a DAW and production is necessary. If you’re completely new become a member and get access to our pre-courses which will teach all the basics needed to get started in this course.